1. Potato chips may also be called “checks” or “cheques.”
2. Nevada laws state casino potato chips should be 1.55 ins in diameter (for potato chips found in games apart from baccarat). Baccarat chips may be 1.55 ins or 1.6875 ins.
4. Video gaming laws also specify potato chips should be “disk-shaped.”
5. Potato chips are manufactured from sand, chalk and clay, just like the materials found in kitty that is litter
8. Chip colors represent the chip’s value. Common colors are white ($1), red ($5), green ($25) and black ($100).
9. Chip denominations often have nicknames based upon their color. A purple $500 chip is called a “Barney.” Yellow chips, worth $1,000, are “bananas” or “canaries” or “bumblebees” (some casinos use orange, they’re “pumpkins”). A $5,000 chip is a “flag” (red, blue and white). “Melons” can be worth $25,000. At Bellagio, they’re “cranberries.”
10. After a casino closes, clients have actually 120 times to redeem their potato chips. From then on, they’re SOL.
Casino potato chips often act as snark distribution products.
12. Casino chip gathering falls beneath the group of “numismatics,” the research or number of money (coins, tokens, paper cash and associated things). Getting much more certain, chip gathering is known as “exonumia,” the region of numismatics that targets things that aren’t
13. Into the belated 1800s, greater value potato chips had been blue. That’s where we have the term chip that is“blue.”
14. One of the security measures used in casino chips is RFID technology. Embedded RFID tags (most often used in high value chips) broadcast identifiers that are unique radio frequencies. RFID means Broadcast Frequency Identification. RFID tags allow gambling enterprises to help keep tabs on potato chips, monitor play and thwart thieves even. For example, when an asshat robbed Bellagio, his $1.5 million in chips were rendered worthless when the casino turned off the RFID chips.
15. Adding chips to your bet after an outcome (such as the ball landing in a pocket at roulette) is a method of cheating called “capping.” Removing chips is called “pinching.” It’s also known as “not very ”