Given the trying nature of this college basketball season, you have to say that finishing with an unbeaten regular season record is an achievement that needs to be recognized. The reality, though, is that no-one really cares about that, as it really all is about winning a National Championship, at least for the teams sitting at the top of the National Rankings right now. This week, there is no change to the top 5, but there were some movers below that. Let’s take a look at what the College Basketball rankings look like now so you can keep betting against their College Basketball odds.
Midweek College Basketball Power Rankings Update
- Gonzaga Bulldogs – The Bulldogs maintained their #1 spot without breaking too much of a sweat, as they cruised to comfortable wins in both of their games last week. The 2 games that they have remaining are very much of the winnable variety, so it would be a surprise not to see them complete their unbeaten season.
- Baylor Bears – The Bears returned from a 3-week COVID layoff and got a 77-72 win over Iowa State in their return to action. They did not look particularly great, but that was perhaps to be expected given their time off. They are now sitting at 17-0 on the season. Their road to a perfect season looks to be a little bit tougher.
- Michigan Wolverines – The Wolverines extended their current winning streak to 5 games with a pair of wins last week. Their win over ranked Ohio State this past weekend helped them to maintain their spot at #3, while also moving them to 6-1 on the season. With 5 games left to play, the Wolverines have 2 more versus ranked opponents.
- Ohio State – It’s looking like a very good year for the Big Ten, but will that carry over into March Madness. The Buckeyes lost a little ground in the conference standings after closing out their week with a loss to Michigan, but they were able to maintain their standing in the top 5. Just 3 games remain for Ohio State, including one against ranked Iowa.
- Illinois Fighting Illini – Sitting a game back of the Wolverines in the Big Ten, Illinois will feel as though they still have a shot at the regular season conference title. You do have to say, though, they their loss to Michigan State over the weekend hurt their chances, a defeat that ended their impressive 7-game win streak.
- Alabama Crimson Tide – While the top 5 remains the same as it was last week, there is some movement to report outside of that, including the Crimson Tide moving up a couple of spots this week. They had one game cancelled last week, but they picked up a win over Vanderbilt on Sunday, which means that they have now won 3 in a row.
- Oklahoma Sooners – The Sooners moved up a pair of spots this week after back-to-back wins, but this ranking is likely to be short-lived. They got the new week off to a losing start, going down 62-57 to Kansas State on Tuesday night. They now have just 3 games remaining on their regular season schedule, including a big one against Texas.
College Basketball Betting News
Odds and Lines: College Basketball Betting | Live Betting | National Championship | Most Outstanding Player | March Madness
- 2021 College Basketball Power Rankings Update Feb. 24th
- Kent State Golden Flashes vs. Ball State Cardinals: 2/24/2021 Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line, Spread and Betting Trends
- Southern Jaguars vs. Alabama A&M Bulldogs: 2/24/2021 Betting Trends, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds, Line and Preview
- Clemson Tigers vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends
- Davidson Wildcats vs. Saint Bonaventure Bonnies: 2/24/2021 Matchup Betting Preview, Predictions, Computer Picks, Odds and Trends