The music industry’s top-charting entertainers will gather once again this Sunday evening for the 63rd Grammy Awards, and entertainment betting sites are all in with the odds for who will take home the trophy in each major category.
The ceremony was originally scheduled for January 31 but had to be moved back to this Sunday following increasing COVID-19 numbers in the Los Angeles, CA area.
The 63rd Grammy Awards
- Sunday, March 14, 2021
- 8 pm
- CBS Network
- Host: Trevor Noah
Swift has previously won 10 Grammy Awards, and has twice won the trophy for Album of the Year (1989, Fearless). Now, she’s poised to earn a third award in that category and the betting odds indicate that she has a 65% of winning.
Album of the Year
- Folklore – Taylor Swift -180
- Future Nostalgia – Dua Lipa +250
- Djesse Vol. 3 – Jacob Collier +1000
- Hollywood’s Bleeding – Post Malone +1000
- Black Pumas (Deluxe Edition) – Black Pumas +1200
- Everyday Life – Coldplay +1200
- Women In Music Pt. III – Haim +1200
- Chilombo – Jhené Aiko +1400
Bettors that are looking for an underdog candidate should consider Post Malone’s +1000 money line odds for his album, Hollywood’s Bleeding. Sometimes it can seem like drawing blood from a stone when trying to make a profit off of a Grammy underdog, but a $1 bet on Hollywood’s Bleeding will “post” $10 into your bankroll.
The following line for Best New Artist requires bettors to decide if they agree with online Grammy Award sportsbooks that Megan is indeed thee Stallion.
Megan’s -240 odds equate to a 70% chance of winning, which also means that oddsmakers are not willing to risk much against bets made on her. A bet of $2.40 is required to earn $1 on a Megan Thee Stallion Grammy win.
Best New Artist
- Megan Thee Stallion -240
- Doja Cat +275
- Phoebe Bridgers +350
- Chika +1800
- Noah Cyrus +1800
- Ingrid Andress +2000
- D Smoke +3300
- Kaytranada +3300
Because the music industry rides the tide of current trends and listener tastes, new forms of music can often take center stage, overshadowing genres that have been around for decades.
Rock music used to drive the industry, but that has not been the case since the late 1990s. While rock fans are familiar with The Strokes and Sturgill Simpson, this category used to be filled with some of the top-selling musicians on the planet.
These days, rock n’ roll has taken a back seat to most other genres, and unless there’s a shift in the industry within the next decade or so, it could become an irrelevant award.
Best Rock Album
- The New Abnormal – The Strokes -225
- Sound & Fury – Sturgill Simpson +325
- Kiwanuka – Michael Kiwanuka +550
- Daylight – Grace Potter +600
- A Hero’s Death – Fontaines D.C. +1200
One peculiar observation regarding these 2021 Grammy odds is that there does not seem to be much competition for the top dog in each category. The favorites are listed in the negative with all others listed in the positive in every instance.
Record of the Year
- Don’t Start Now – Dua Lipa -190
- Black Parade – Beyoncé +350
- Savage – Megan Thee Stallion Featuring Beyoncé +450
- Everything I Wanted – Billie Eilish +900
- Circles – Post Malone +1200
- Say So – Doja Cat +1400
- Rockstar – DaBaby Featuring Roddy Ricch +1800
- Colors – Black Pumas +2000
Because of how the odds for the 2021 Grammy Awards are set up, bettors are going to have to do their homework in order to select a profitable underdog. Otherwise, patrons may need to rely on the slim winnings that can be had by betting on these overwhelming favorites.
Betting Odds: BetOnline