| Sportsbook Wire
The Colorado Buffaloes (1-0, 1-0 Pac-12) and Stanford Cardinal (0-1, 0-1) meet in Palo Alto, Calif., for a 3:30 p.m. ET kickoff Saturday. Below, we analyze the Colorado-Stanford college football betting odds and lines, with picks and predictions.
Colorado at Stanford:Betting odds, spread andlines
- Money line : Colorado +245 (bet $100 to win $245) | Stanford -313 (bet $313 to win $100)
- Against the spread/ATS : Colorado +9.5 (-110) | Stanford -9.5 (-110)
- Over/Under : 54.5 (O: -110 | U: -110)
Colorado at Stanford: Three things to know
- Colorado opened with a 48-42 shootout victory against UCLA at Folsom Field in Boulder last weekend, winning outright as a 6.5-point underdog as the Over (56.5) comfortably connected. RB Jarek Broussard rumbled for 187 rushing yards and three touchdowns.
- Stanford lost 35-14 at Oregon last week. The Cardinal had a 7-0 lead early before the Ducks stormed back with 28 unanswered points and never looked back. The Cardinal managed 413 total yards of offense but coughed up 496 total yards, including 269 yards on the ground. That’s bad news with Broussard looming on the other sideline.
- The Buffaloes have failed to cover in the past four games on the road. However, the Cardinal are 0-4 ATS in the past four conference tilts, while going just 1-6 ATS in the past seven following a straight-up loss. The Under has cashed in each of the past five meetings in this series.
Colorado at Stanford: Odds, betting lines, predictions and picks
Colorado 31, Stanford 27
Money line (ML)
COLORADO (+245) is worth a roll of the dice on the road, as it moved the ball at will against UCLA a week ago. Stanford (-313) really struggled on the road at Oregon, especially against the rush, which will be an area of concern early on vs. Colorado. Look for the Buffaloes to pull the road upset as long as they can establish the run early.
Against the spread (ATS)
COLORADO +9.5 ( -110) should be able to keep this within a one-score margin, assuming it does not win outright. Stanford didn’t show much last week to deserve to be a favorite by more than one score, whether it’s at home or not. Stanford failed to cover three of its final four at home down the stretch last season, and each of its final four overall. That includes a 16-13 loss at Colorado on Nov. 9, 2019. Look for another Buffs cover here.
OVER 54.5 (-110) appears to be a little low after Colorado’s outburst against UCLA, and Stanford’s inability to stop Oregon’s rushing attack last week. However, the sample size is still rather small, so don’t get too carried away slamming the Over. However, that is the way to go here based on last week’s returns.
Want some action in this one? Place a bet atBetMGM now. For more sports betting picks and tips, visit SportsbookWire.com. Please gamble responsibly.
Follow @JoeWilliamsVI on Twitter. Follow SportsbookWire on Twitter and like us on Facebook.
Additional college football coverage from USA TODAY Sports Media Group:
Alabama football / Auburn football / Florida football / Georgia football / LSU football / Michigan football / Michigan State football / Notre Dame football / Ohio State football / Oklahoma football / Tennessee football / Texas football / USC football / Wisconsin football
Gannett may earn revenue from audience referrals to betting services. Newsrooms are independent of this relationship and there is no influence on news coverage.