Haxity seeks to deliver a never-before-seen card gaming experience, while being one of the very first PVP movers in the exciting new action deck-builder genre. A genre of card games where a major part of the gameplay is to draft cards and modify your deck as you play.
In Haxity you jack into a gritty cyberpunk sprawl, where a mixed bag of derelicts are fighting to survive the daily grind. This is where you come in, the player. You must survive the city, work your way up the ranks and find the optimal strategy to crush your foes. At your disposal is a hefty amount of cool gadgets, black market technologies and hacks.
The cards can be mixed, mashed and hacked, and the outcome can turn around…really fast. It’s street fighting, the cyberpunk way. It has the combos and powerful emotions of a fighting game, mixed with the mind-games and depth of card games. In short; a digital card game where every move you make is decided with cards, and where every playthrough is different.
Haxity offers two game modes: Versus and Campaign. In Versus matches, players are pitted against a matchmade opponent or can challenge friends to an intense one-on-one match. Players will select their fighter, one of Haxity’s warped citizens, their starter deck and draft different cards, hacks and mods between each battle. Haxity’s roguelite campaign mode allows players to further explore the possibilities of deckbuilding all while deep diving into the world of Haxity.
“We are floored by the incredible reception we have received so far. We knew we were creating something special, and with this roadmap we want to clearly signal that the best is yet to come” says Thomas Sørensen, Game Director on Haxity.
Megapop now lifts the veil on a future with frequent updates, as well as bigger developments.
- Refined PVP approach, focusing on a quicker pick-up of
- More cool Cyberpunk campaign events, tailored for single-players
- Easier entrance for new players
- And, of course, lots of cards and re-balancing. First off is the “Charge” line
- And, later on, more Fighters and areas, with all new playstyles!
“We have for months been working closely with our community, steady delivering new content to testers on a frequent basis”, said Erlend Kirkebø, producer on Haxity “We wanted this to be a great rehearsal for going into live, and it was. We have built up a solid pipeline so we can keep on delivering unique content, based on player feedback.”
Haxity is currently available through Steam Early Access.
- Jack into the net and take the fight online in hefty online PvP matches: To our knowledge ‘Haxity’ may be the first-ever deck-builder PvP game…we’re doing all we can to make that fun and challenging.
- Dynamic Deck building: Draft your cards, hacks and mods, and build powerful combos and synergies. Each fighter have tons of unique cards and playstyles to discover, mix and mash.
- Procedurally generated city: Haxity is the city that never stops changing. Every new run is a different experience. Play with the hand you’re dealt, meeting other players in the same situation. Draft, adapt and overcome.
- Card combat: A unique fast-paced combat system where you have to plan, respond, bluff and adapt to succeed, will you be the one to land the final blow?
- Modifications and cybernetics: What would a cyberpunk world be without tons of customization options? Discover different mods and cybernetics during your journey to strengthen your fighter.
- Roguelite campaign: Navigate the streets of Haxity in a roguelite cyberpunk run, see how far you can go in an ever-changing cityscape.
- Friendly Versus: Just wanna hang out with a friend and crack some digital skulls? We got you covered!
- Premium Gameplay: No cardpacks! No lootboxes! No pay-to-win! No bullshit!
Haxity is in development for PC.
More articles about Haxity