Ratcliff handle Indiana Gaming Commission Allows tough Rock Casino to Proceed

Published on: March 2, 2021, 11:12h.

Final updated on: March 2, 2021, 11:12h.

Rod Ratcliff, a longtime Indiana video gaming administrator that has been under research by state regulators, has now reached funds to market their stocks of Spectacle Entertainment. That’s based on purchases published by the Indiana Gaming Commission on

Rod tuesday Ratcliff speaks during his induction into the Indiana Horse Racing Association Hall of Fame in 2019 november. On he accepted a deal with the Indiana Gaming Commission, Hard Rock International, and Spectacle Entertainment to sell his Spectacle shares and retire from the gaming business tuesday. (Image: Coady Photography)

With the deal, Ratcliff has sold his shares to Greg Gibson, his partner in Spectacle, and Hard Rock International. In January 2020, Hard Rock and Spectacle broke ground on a $300 million casino that is land-based Gary. That task, though, was delayed for months after IGC Executive Commissioner Sara Gonso Tait ordered a halt to moving assets from Spectacle’s Majestic Star Casino to tough northern that is rock Indiana.

The agreement allows for Hard Rock Northern Indiana to resume work. In addition, Ratcliff has waived his right to challenge or appeal the order.

The investigation into Spectacle started in 2020, just a couple weeks after the Hard Rock groundbreaking january. That’s when state regulators discovered that Ratcliff’s gaming that is former was implicated in a federal investigation regarding illegal campaign contributions to a congressional candidate.

Over The course the review, it was said by the Commission discovered proof that do not only had been Ratcliff mixed up in campaign share scheme but that other violations had been found. The type of allegations had been unreported stock transfers and an undisclosed horse account that is racing. Those charges and more led the IGC to seek revocation of his license.

Ratcliff and his attorneys countered that the gaming executive was not indicted by federal authorities. They also claimed the continuing state ended up being attempting to coerce him into attempting to sell their stocks to complex Rock at less price.

Ratcliff Out “On their Own Terms”

In a statement, Ratcliff spokesman Robert Vane stated their customers ended up being thrilled to start to see the state stop its prosecution that is“unfair reach an accord to everyone’s benefit.

With this settlement agreement, Rod achieves what he wanted from the very beginning of this ordeal—to retire from Indiana gaming on his terms that are own” Vane said.

In her declaration, Tait stated she consulted with IGC Chairman Michael McMains to accept an ownership transfer which will trigger the dismissal of most administrative and state cases that are judicial to the case.

Even with that, the investigation into Spectacle has not been closed.

Since November, the Commission has sought to find a way to resume the Gary casino project under what Tait called “difficult and unprecedented circumstances.” She said casino project was a vital one for the populous town, state, and workers for the Majestic Star. Those employees, plus a huge selection of brand new hires, will go on to the complex Rock casino when its ready to open.

However, there is apparently some work nevertheless to accomplish involving the shareholders that are remaining Spectacle and Hard Rock International. While enough had been settled to resume the asset transfers between the Majestic Star and Hard Rock Northern Indiana, Tait said that the two sides still had not reached an agreement on all presssing problems between them.“Rough Rock and Spectacle Entertainment is expected to handle the Commission at its March conference, with a focus on extra efforts that are remedial commitments moving forward,”

Tait said.

That meeting is set to take place on March 23.

Hard Rock, Spectacle Look Forward to New Casino

In a statement, Hard Rock International COO Jon Lucas said the settlement with Ratcliff will not only allow the Gary casino to move forward but one planned for Terre Haute as well.

“Through this settlement, we have increased our ownership in the Indiana that is northern project continuing to function as the supervisor for the future complex Rock Casino Northern Indiana home,” Lucas stated. “We are excited to place this chapter behind us and appear ahead to using the Indiana Gaming Commission and our lovers to create this project that is amazing fruition in the next few months.”

In Spectacle’s statement, Chair and CEO Jahnae Erpenbach said the company could not comment on the details but added the gaming that is indiana-based ended up being happy to attain a deal between all parties.

“We Appreciate the assistance and cooperation of the Indiana Gaming Commission, as well as those who worked diligently to resolve this situation,” she said. “We look forward to the successful opening of Hard Rock Casino Northern Indiana and the benefit that is substantial brings to the downline, community and visitors.”

Related News Articles(*)

Latest posts