Toronto casino forced to remain shut as infections rise

Casinos in the Canadian city of Toronto have been forced to close as it moves into the red level of Ontario’s colour-coded COVID-19 shutdown system.

Medical Officer of Health Dr. Eileen de Villa said meeting and event spaces, casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments would all have to close along with indoor dining.

Great Canadian Gaming Corporation said: “Casino Woodbine will no longer reopen on November 14, 2020 as a result of the City of Toronto’s announcement on November 10 that certain businesses, including casinos, will be required to remain closed as part of the effort to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the City. It was previously announced by the company on November 4, 2020 that Casino Woodbine would be reopening on November 14, after it suspended operations for the second time on October 9, 2020.”

<!–

–>

Latest posts